Mid American Studio Company
A year-long program (29 weeks, September-May) for students with a strong understanding of technique and performance skills. Each week students participate in a 45-minute technique class followed by 45 minutes of choreography rehearsal. Company students will apply their knowledge of basic dance principles to more advanced choreography and technique while exploring dance as artistic expression. Styles of dance studied include jazz, lyrical, ballet and contemporary. Students should be prepared to learn a greater amount of material at a faster pace. Acceptance is by invitation only.
- Acceptance into the Mid American Studio Company is by invitation only. Please contact us to be considered.
- Company members must also be enrolled in a jazz, lyrical or ballet class.
- Mandatory performance in our December and May recitals. Additional community performances may be added.
- Required attire is a leotard and tights (any color and style).
Studio All Stars
A session-long intensive pompon training program for students 5th grade and up with at least 1 year of pom experience. Each week, the Studio All Stars participate in a 45-minute technique and conditioning class followed by 45 minutes of choreography rehearsal. Students will refine and build upon their knowledge of pompon positions and skills at an accelerated pace, and develop a full-length routine throughout the session.
- Placement is by grade and experience level. No audition required.
- Studio All Stars must perform in the recital for their session. New teams begin in September and January, and students need only commit to one session at a time (not year-long). Additional community performances may be added.
- Required performance attire is black dance sneakers, black dance pants, and a costume top for the recital that is purchased by the student each session.